Just because you are working with a small planning budget, doesn’t mean you have to have lackluster decor for your wedding reception event. As a wedding planner and coordinator, I have seen many a bride fret over table decor. One of the things that I suggest to my brides is to think about the last two weddings they went to, and to describe what the decoration was on the table. Sometimes they can remember, most times, they can’t. Not that it is not important, but it is only one element of everything to see and remember from the wedding day. A tip that we suggest is to stretch your small wedding planning budget by using what’s available and included in your venue packages.
Often times a reception venue space will include some sort of basic table decor in their package price. It may include white, black or ivory table linens and something for the centerpiece of the table like a candle globe and a mirrored bottom. At first glance it may look plain and not at all what you envisioned, but that is okay. Use what is included in the package you are purchasing, and add your own creative elements and touches to make it pop.
- Upgrade your table linen, add an overlay or table runner, whichever is more affordable.
- Add a chair sash for an immediate impact to the room overall
- Add colorful petals inside the globe with a candle, or place lots of petals around the globe. Key word here is “lots.”
- Add sparkle around a mirrored base with lots votive candles. The venue will sometimes throw in three votive candles as part of the package
- Add sparkle to inexpensive votive candles
- Use decorative ribbon or raffia around lanterns supplied by the venue
There are many ways to add a special touch to your reception decor using elements already included in your package. After all, if you are paying for it, and you have a small budget, why not use what is available. That will free up other funds to splurge somewhere else. If you need some additional ideas, just ask your wedding planner or coordinator for some suggestions; we have lots to share.